On December 6th in DeLand the Hatters dropped one to the Owls, 88-78.
A note about the matchup: Stetson has a winning record over Florida Atlantic going back to 1980, 16-15.
Florida Atlantic had solid performances in turnover margin and three-point shooting. Florida Atlantic was deadly from three-point range and outshot Stetson with 38% shooting to 27%. The Owls were more aggressive on defense, with 18 takeaways compared to 12 for the Hatters.
Adam Pegg played hard for the Hatters with 24 points in 29 minutes. Willie Green added a game-high 10 rebounds. The Hatters now drop to 2-5. They've also extended their 4 game losing streak.
The next game features Florida International at home on December 9th.
- Willie Green had career highs with 10 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Willie Green accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- In 100% of losses this season, the Hatters have a field goal percentage of 46.7% or worse.
- Stetson has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- Adam Pegg recorded a team season high in points with 24, field goals made with 10, and field goals attempted with 17.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes:
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 6 times in 8 games this season.
- Greg Gantt recorded a team season high in points with 34, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 23.
- Stefan Moody has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Gantt has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 38.6% of the team's points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Adam Pegg
, Willie Green